* Re: GNAT threads
       [not found] ` <3A925B94.9C2A067B@Physik.Uni-Magdeburg.de>
@ 2001-02-21  2:19   ` David Starner
From: David Starner @ 2001-02-21  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:57:08 +0100, Gerald Kasner <Gerald.Kasner@Physik.Uni-Magdeburg.de> wrote:
>Matthias Kretschmer schrieb:
>>
>> Hallo
>>
>> hopefully this is no stupid question, but I was experimenting with GNAT
>> 3.13p (running on FreeBSD 4.2) using some tasks and it seems the GNAT
>> doesn't use native threads for the tasks but simulates multitasking for
>> itself. The bad thing about it, it isn't real preemptive multitasking
>> and the whole program is running on only one cpu.
>> Is there a way to make GNAT using the native thread implementation?
>>
>> greeting Matthias Kretschmer
>
>In the public distribution you have the choice between FSU and native
>threads. Look for README.TASKING
>
>It may depend on your port, whether one of those or both are
>implemented.
>
>########################################################################
>This README contains information relevant to tasking on the following
>systems:
>Sparc Solaris, x86 Linux, HP-UX, PowerPC AIX and SGI IRIX.

^^^
This probably means that it won't work on FreeBSD, unless FreeBSD
threads are API-compatible to one of the above, in which case you'd
probably have to tell the GNAT build system that and rebuild.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-21  2:19 UTC | newest]