* Re: LOOKING FOR comp.lang.ada FAQ
       [not found]   ` <cRvk6.101$aw5.317@www.newsranger.com>
@ 2001-02-20 16:22     ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-02-20 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Incomplete as it may be, it is at least the only one I know of that is being
actively maintained. AdaPower is also the best place for a newbie to start
looking around for info, so it's probably a good reference in general. It
would be nice to have a bit more info in the FAQ with some of the more
common programming related questions. (e.g. "how do I make integers into
strings?" or "how do I output numbers using Text_IO?")

Obviously, the condition is only temporary. Sooner or later the sun burns
out and everything on Earth freezes solid, or expands in size and burns the
Earth to a cinder, so its all temporary. So remind me again why I bother to
go to work every day? :-)

MDC

--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer

"Ted Dennison" <dennison@telepath.com> wrote in message
> That is the best place to start looking for general Ada info. However, the
> there is currently *very* incomplete. There are some others around that
are more
> extensive, but they are so out of date that they can be actively harmful.
>
> For someone with a question, probably the best thing to do is to go to
Google
> groups advanced search ( http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search ),
and
> perform a keyword search for your question in comp.lang.ada.
>
> The inadaquate state of the FAQ is temporary. Unfortunately, "temporary"
can be
> frustratingly long when you're in it.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-20 16:22 UTC | newest]