From: jrmarino <dragonlace.cla@marino.st>
Subject: Re: [Ann] AdaControl 1.18r8 released
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 11:11:35 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2016-11-08T11:11:35-08:00	[thread overview]

can the project capability be skipped to exclude the gnatcoll requirement?

For the platorm repositories, the minimum gnatcoll configuration has to support GPS.  It's not easily possible (nor desirable) to have multiple versions of gnatcoll.  Thus adacontrol now wants to pull in gtk, python, databases, etc.  gnatcoll at its full potential is a monster. [1]

In my opinion, the benefit of projects pails by far to the price.  I'd like the option to choose to not have projects, otherwise I feel we've got to stick with the prior release.

John

[1] I'm not even addressing the license clash between GMGPL and GPLv3 which is also potentially an issue