* ANN: Anet version 0.2
@ 2012-11-15 11:20 Reto Buerki
From: Reto Buerki @ 2012-11-15 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm proud to announce the first official release of Anet, a networking
library for the Ada programming language.

The project website is at [1], the current release 0.2 can be downloaded
from [2]. An example on how to use Anet to implement
client/server-applications is provided on the project page as well.

Anet currently provides the following features:

* BSD socket implementation
* High abstraction level
* Extendable socket type hierarchy
* Socket receiver tasks (Stream and Datagram)
* Ada type serialisation/deserialisation over sockets
* Supported socket families
  - IPv4 (AF_INET)
  - IPv6 (AF_INET6)
  - Packet (AF_PACKET)
  - UNIX domain (AF_UNIX)
  - Netlink (AF_NETLINK)
* Supported socket modes
  - Stream (TCP)
  - Datagram (UDP)
* Support for IPv4/IPv6 multicast
* UDP/IPv4 packet creation and validation
* Binding to the Linux Packet Filter (LPF) system

Kind regards,
- reto

[1] - http://www.codelabs.ch/anet/
[2] - http://www.codelabs.ch/download/

* Re: ANN: Anet version 0.2
@ 2013-02-20 18:27 ` ake.ragnar.dahlgren
From: ake.ragnar.dahlgren @ 2013-02-20 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:20:27 PM UTC+1, Reto Buerki wrote:
> Hi, I'm proud to announce the first official release of Anet, a networking library for the Ada programming language. The project website is at [1], the current release 0.2 can be downloaded from [2]. An example on how to use Anet to implement client/server-applications is provided on the project page as well. Anet currently provides the following features: * BSD socket implementation * High abstraction level * Extendable socket type hierarchy * Socket receiver tasks (Stream and Datagram) * Ada type serialisation/deserialisation over sockets * Supported socket families - IPv4 (AF_INET) - IPv6 (AF_INET6) - Packet (AF_PACKET) - UNIX domain (AF_UNIX) - Netlink (AF_NETLINK) * Supported socket modes - Stream (TCP) - Datagram (UDP) * Support for IPv4/IPv6 multicast * UDP/IPv4 packet creation and validation * Binding to the Linux Packet Filter (LPF) system Kind regards, - reto [1] - http://www.codelabs.ch/anet/ [2] - http://www.codelabs.ch/download/

Hi Reto,

Is Anet crossplatform or *nix specific? My guess would be *nix specific.

By the way, great work you and your collegues have been doing at codelabs.

Best regards,
Åke Ragnar Dahlgren

* Re: ANN: Anet version 0.2
@ 2013-02-22 10:14   ` Reto Buerki
From: Reto Buerki @ 2013-02-22 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Åke,

On 2013-02-20, <ake.ragnar.dahlgren@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is Anet crossplatform or *nix specific? My guess would be *nix specific.

Anet has been specifically written for Linux, the currently tested
architectures are shown here [1]. Other architectures or platforms need
some porting efforts.

In which platform are you interested in? Windows?

> By the way, great work you and your collegues have been doing at codelabs.

Thanks.

- reto

[1] - https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=anet

* Re: ANN: Anet version 0.2
@ 2013-02-22 10:50     ` xavier grave
From: xavier grave @ 2013-02-22 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: ANN: Anet version 0.2
@ 2013-02-25  8:33     ` ake.ragnar.dahlgren
From: ake.ragnar.dahlgren @ 2013-02-25  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, February 22, 2013 11:14:09 AM UTC+1, Reto Buerki wrote:
> Hi Åke, On 2013-02-20, <ake.ragnar.dahlgren@gmail.com> wrote: > Is Anet crossplatform or *nix specific? My guess would be *nix specific. Anet has been specifically written for Linux, the currently tested architectures are shown here [1]. Other architectures or platforms need some porting efforts. In which platform are you interested in? Windows? > By the way, great work you and your collegues have been doing at codelabs. Thanks. - reto [1] - https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=anet

Hi Reto,

Alas, I didn't have an actual application in mind, it was more a question of: What tools are there in the Ada toolbox?

Thank you for answering my question.

Best regards,
Åke Ragnar Dahlgren

* Re: ANN: Anet version 0.2
@ 2013-02-25  8:36       ` ake.ragnar.dahlgren
From: ake.ragnar.dahlgren @ 2013-02-25  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, February 22, 2013 11:50:50 AM UTC+1, xavier grave wrote:

Thanks for sharing Xavier!

Best regards,
Åke Ragnar Dahlgren