From: uokmax!munnari.oz.au!yoyo.aarnet.edu.au!sirius.ucs.adelaide.edu.au!spam!r oss@apple.com  (Ross Williams)
Subject: Request: Info on Mac and PC Ada compilers.
Date: 29 Jul 91 06:55:42 GMT	[thread overview]

Ada Compilers for the Mac and PC
--------------------------------
I am about to write some commercial software and would be most
grateful for any information on Ada Compilers for the Macintosh and
the PC (I intend to buy one compiler for each). In particular I am
after any or all of the following:

===> A list of compilers available for each machine.

   * Reviews of compilers.
   * Cost and availability of compilers.
   * Interface to Mac and PC system calls.
   * References to publications containing the above information.
   * Testimonials (even just a line or two long) from compiler users.

If this is a frequently asked question, please send me the frequently
replied answer!

Thanks,

Ross Williams
ross@spam.ua.oz.au

PS: I used DEC Ada (an excellent compiler) from 1987-1989 at Adelaide
University, but switched to C (because of compiler availability) when
I graduated. Now I am receiving indications that better compilers are
available and I want to return to the fold to avoid all the debugging
and heartache that C will cause me if I use it to construct a large
program.