* Converting from Rational Ada to GNAT 3.13
@ 2001-02-12 15:16 Arthur Schwarz
From: Arthur Schwarz @ 2001-02-12 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to convert code using Rational's VxWorks bindings to GNAT.
Are there any shallow or deep bindings available to 'automate' the
conversion?

I'm running into some trouble with differences between the bindings
acceptable between the two compilers (well, bindings is only partially
accurate so don't flame me). I'm finding them piecemail which is very,
very slow. Any one know of a 'better' way?

art
e.g. The latest is the use of System.Runtime by Rational and it's
     rejection by GNAT

     ("System.Runtime" is not a predefined library unit")

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

* Re: Converting from Rational Ada to GNAT 3.13
@ 2001-02-12 15:32 ` gdemont
From: gdemont @ 2001-02-12 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arthur Schwarz:

> e.g. The latest is the use of System.Runtime by Rational and it's
>      rejection by GNAT

Rename!

 for Rat. : package xyxyxy renames System.Runtime;
 for GNAT : package xyxyxy renames zzzzzzzzzzzzzz;

Works for using the same sources with DEC Ada and GNAT.

G.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

* Converting from Rational Ada to GNAT 3.13
@ 2001-02-12 20:38 schwarza
From: schwarza @ 2001-02-12 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Arthur Schwarz:

> e.g. The latest is the use of System.Runtime by Rational and it's
>      rejection by GNAT

Rename!

 for Rat. : package xyxyxy renames System.Runtime;
 for GNAT : package xyxyxy renames zzzzzzzzzzzzzz;

   Tried it with the following results:
     In Rational package (/appl/.../rational.ss/)ada_krn_defs.1.ada
     including "with System.Runtime"
     and placing: "package System_Runtime renames System.Runtime;"
     into the package spec ("package Ada_Krn_Defs is")
     I retain the error messages.

   Tried it with the following results:
     In Rational package (/appl/.../rational.ss/)ada_krn_defs.1.ada
     commenting "with System.Runtime"
     and placing: "package System_Runtime renames System.Runtime;"
     into the package spec ("package Ada_Krn_Defs is")
     I remove the error messages (bravo and thanks).

art

* Converting from Rational Ada to GNAT 3.13
@ 2001-02-13 19:43 schwarza
From: schwarza @ 2001-02-13 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

>> Arthur Schwarz:

> e.g. The latest is the use of System.Runtime by Rational and it's
>      rejection by GNAT

>> Rename!

>>  for Rat. : package xyxyxy renames System.Runtime;
>>  for GNAT : package xyxyxy renames zzzzzzzzzzzzzz;

>>    Tried it with the following results:
>>      In Rational package (/appl/.../rational.ss/)ada_krn_defs.1.ada
>>      commenting "with System.Runtime"
>>      and placing: "package System_Runtime renames System.Runtime;"
>>      into the package spec ("package Ada_Krn_Defs is")
>>      I remove the error messages (bravo and thanks).

I was premature. Yesterday it worked. Today I'm bemused and
need help.

[1] I'm using Glide (public version) on a Solaris 2.+ system.
    Emacs: GNU Emacs 20.6.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1, X toolkit)
[2] GNAT 3.13p

ADP file looks like:
    /../lrm.ss/  -- which contains the file system.runtime.1.ada

ADC file looks like:
    pragma Source_File_Name ( george,         Body_File_Name =>
george.2.ada )
    pragma Source_File_Name ( system.runtime, Spec_File_Name =>
System.Runtime.1.ada )

My code (george.2.ada) is:

with System;

procedure George is
   package System_Runtime renames System.Runtime;
begin
   null;
end George;

with the following error:

4.   package System_Runtime renames System.Runtime;

  >>> "Runtime" not declared in "System"

I don't know what happened between yesterday and today. It's
probably obvious to the most casual observer, and I'm too
close to the problem. Any ideas on what I could have done
wrong?

art