From: skibochka@yahoo.com (Andrew Skiba)
Subject: Re: Problem with C function pointers
Date: 21 Dec 2003 05:06:38 -0800
Date: 2003-12-21T05:06:38-08:00	[thread overview]

> Hmm. At this point "thiz" has the value "null". What do you expect?
Well, you guessed! :-)

> I suspect you left out some code, that sets "thiz". please post a
> small compilable example, if possible.
Obviously, the code I left out passed the pointer to "thiz" to a C
function, which filled the rest of the structure, including the
pointers to the functions. But I did an error in passing the pointer
to "thiz", so "thiz" remained "null".

> Have you tried running under gdb, and examining "thiz"?
No, I printed it instead :-) It was "null", as you said.

> Just out of curiosity, what does DirectFB do?
This is a substitution for Windows DirectX on Linux. The FB stands for
Frame Buffer, but DirectFB takes care not only of the screen (frame
buffer), but also sound, keybord, mouse, as you might expect from
DirectX. An interesting example of it is "links" web browser, which
was originally text based, but with DirectFB you can see the graphics
on linux console. Good thing for embedded and mini-distributions,
which have no X.

Thanks again,
Andrew Skiba.

P/S still waiting for someone to tell me "hey, this library was ported
to Ada!"