From: Robert Dewar <dewar@GNAT.COM>
Subject: Re: Ada95 Should be a Multivolume ISO Standard
Date: 1996/10/01
Date: 1996-10-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

A short postscriopt here. Bob Leif says

"L. Introduction: Professor Dewar and I have different views on the
advisability of making interim changes to the Ada Standard.  I suspect that
we are looking at the problem from two different prospectives. He is viewing
it, as a superb software engineer, and I am looking at it from a business
--More--perspective.  I believe the vast majority of the readers of this note wo
very much like to see greater commercial usage of Ada.  I hope my arguments
lead to a way to accomplish this without sacrificing the quality of Ada's
design."

This is an inaccurate characterization of my views. I am the CEO of one of
the very few companies that is dedicated to the commercial success of Ada.
My view are entirely motivated from a business point of view, I think
a shifting standard for Ada, which involved the incorporation of inevitably
less well reviewed extensions would be damaging from a business point of view.