From: Robert Dewar <dewar@GNAT.COM>
Subject: Re: Ada95 Streams Question
Date: 1996/06/23
Date: 1996-06-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"I have connected an Ada95 executable to a C++ executable using streams. The Ada
is the brains of the application, and the C++ is the Motif pretty face. On both
sides I have defined a set of portable types which application types are
converted to for transmission and converted from on receipt."

This should work reasonably reliably with GNAT, cannot say for other
Ada 95 compilers which might do something completely different for
stream rerpresentations of primitive data.

It is a bit of a puzzle to us why you don't just use a procedural
interface. It would be MUCH more portable, and MUCH more efficient