From: Bob Crispen <revbob@EIGHT-BALL.HV.BOEING.COM>
Subject: Re: GNAT on Win 95
Date: 1996/06/06
Date: 1996-06-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Andy Wilson (wilsona@logica.com) sez:

>I tried GNAT301a on Win95 recently too. Whilst I've not used it in earnest
>yet, I found the same problem with the "system.ads" needing recompiling.
>To get over this I tried re-"make"-ing the library.
>cd to the "adainclude" directory. There you'll find a makefile. Have a look
>in this and it tells you about recompiling the library and what to do with
>the compiled *.obj etc.. Then just type "make" in this directory. When
>finished,  copy the *.obj and *.ali(? i think - check iwhat it says in the
>makefile) to the lib directory. This worked fine for me.

I don't recall how I came to know this (perhaps it was from reading
the documents, but that's highly unlikely ;-) but there's a mailing
list where Tom Griest sends announcements about Gnat for Win32.
For example, last night I got the announcement of the availability
of 3.04a.

What you experienced was a bug that there was already a patch out there
for.  I'm glad the recompile went fine, but it really wasn't necessary.

Bob Crispen
revbob@eight-ball.hv.boeing.com
Speaking for myself, not my company