* Ada business
@ 1994-09-12 21:46 Daniel Roy
From: Daniel Roy @ 1994-09-12 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ada business is picking up in the Pittsburgh area. Friends have asked me to
tell you this. If you're looking for a job, and you have solid team
leadership experience and a good track record, call me at (412) 268 6180.
This was a public service annoucement.

Dan.

* Re: Ada business
@ 1994-09-12 23:14 ` David Weller
From: David Weller @ 1994-09-12 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1994Sep12.174603.3109@sei.cmu.edu>,
Daniel Roy <dmr@sei.cmu.edu> wrote:

>Ada business is picking up in the Pittsburgh area. Friends have asked me to
>tell you this. If you're looking for a job, and you have solid team
>leadership experience and a good track record, call me at (412) 268 6180.
			     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
		Um, I can do the 440 in under 5 minutes.  Is that
		good for a software guy? :-)

>This was a public service annoucement.

With a French accent, no less :-)

--
Proud (and vocal) member of Team Ada! (and Team OS/2)        ||This is not your
             Ada 9X -- It doesn't suck                       ||  father's Ada

* Ada Business
@ 1996-05-06  0:00 Bob Mathis
From: Bob Mathis @ 1996-05-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Texas Instruments (TI) announced today (May 6, 1996) that it was acquiring
Tartan, Inc. Tartan, one of the leading suppliers of Ada compilers, is a
developer of software development tools (primarily Ada) that work with digital
signal processing chips manufactured by TI. Dallas-based Texas Instruments is
the world's leading maker of digital signal processors, which are semiconductor
chips used in cellular telephones, hard disk drives, modems, and audio/video
equipment.

Rational Software, another prominent Ada software company, just passed the
billion dollar mark in market capitalization.

These are both extremely good news. The business environment surrounding Ada is
strong.

-- Bob Mathis, Executive Director, Ada Resource Association

* Re: Ada Business
@ 1996-05-07  0:00 ` Ken Garlington
From: Ken Garlington @ 1996-05-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bob Mathis wrote:

> Texas Instruments (TI) announced today (May 6, 1996) that it was acquiring
> Tartan, Inc.

FYI: The full press release is at:

  http://www.ti.com/sc/docs/news/1996/96022a.htm

It will be interesting to see how this affects Tartan customers.

--
LMTAS - "Our Brand Means Quality"