From: Bob Crispen <revbob@EIGHT-BALL.HV.BOEING.COM>
Subject: Re: Setting Up GCC and GNAT under Windows '95
Date: 1996/04/08
Date: 1996-04-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Raj Thomas <rajt@GCO.APANA.ORG.AU> sez:

>>I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who is working with either
>>GNU or GNAT under Windows '95.
>>1.  How did you interface the GNU/GNAT system to Windows '95?  That is:
>>    a.  After loading the system how did you execute the SETPATH?
>
>I added the contents of set path to the autoexec.bat, thusly:
>
>SET GALAXY=A220 I5 D1 K10 P530 T6
[snip]

I think this was supposed to be conducted off the newsgroup, but for
those who are interested, Gnat (at least LabTek Gnat) doesn't use any
DOS shell commands that I can detect.  Or at any rate, it doesn't
require me to run out of a DOS shell.

I routinely run Gnat under bash (available from the Cygnus gnu-win32 folks
and elsewhere), and I have a special DOS window on my Start menu (under
Programming, a folder I created) that executes the appropriate ".bat"
file.  That file contains nothing more than

        d:\usr\bin\bash -rcfile ./.bashrc
        exit

And then the environment variables are set up in the normal Unix fashion.
in the .bashrc file.

I don't even have c:\Windows\Command in my $PATH.  Gnat works just fine
in this environment.

Speaking for myself, not my company
Bob Crispen
revbob@eight-ball.hv.boeing.com