From: aschw1309@my-deja.com
Subject: [GNAT:GLIDE] Failure to compile
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 19:46:03 GMT
Date: 2001-02-07T19:46:03+00:00	[thread overview]

Environment:   GNAT-3.13p-sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1-bin
               Solaris 2.5.1 on Sun
               emacs-20.6
               glide-3.13p

I'm trying to compile a project from Rational using GNAT/GLIDE.
I have a script which does a transitive closure of the Rational
directories to build a project (.adp) file, and another script
to go through the project file to build a configuration (.adc)
file - mapping all *.1.ada to specs and all *.2.ada to bodies.

During a build the following occurs:

  - An error with the first withing statement in main says that
    it can't find the all references in the with closure. I made
    sure that all references exist and that all directories are
    in the project file (.adp) and all mappings are in the
    configuration file(.adc). Any idea what I can do about
    this? It kills the build.

  - One of the Rational libraries has a terminal '_' which
    is rejected by GNAT. (/.../standard_.1.ada). Any idea
    if there is a workaround or should I just delete the
    reference and hope for the best. (Maybe move it to a
    'tame' directory and rename it to 'standard.1.ada' or use
    a link or some such.)

  - When loading GLIDE I get the following errors:
    scratch buffer
    '** reference to free variable ada-contextual-menu-last-point

    and in the mini-buffer
    Symbol's value as variable is void: ada-contextual-menu

    I think that I can figure out what they mean but I don't
    know enough about emacs/eLisp to fix it. I have been told
    that the professional release has this fixed but at the
    moment am unable to get it. It seems to be more an annoyance
    than problem but I would like to fix it if I can.

art
Sr. Engineeer
General Dynamics Land Systems
schwarza@gdls.com