From: charlet@gnat.com
Subject: Re: [Ada/GNOME] discussion group
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 15:21:59 GMT
Date: 2001-02-07T15:21:59+00:00	[thread overview]

> many bindings to Gnome libs. I believe GtkAda are adding some bindings
> to Gnome, but it would perhaps be better with a GnomeAda and keep
GtkAda
> as pure Gtk+?

This is not an issue, since as for opengl and pixbuf support, these
are built as optional and separate libraries and do not introduce any
dependency when not needed/present.

It is definitely the case that next versions of GtkAda will contain
support for much more Gnome widgets without making "pure" GtkAda
dependent on Gnome.

> Then there are other things like XML, DB, applet etc... As
> I now see one can make Gnome applets using AdaBroker, it would be very
> nice to have a list to discuss how one can do this and get help.
>
> I would find such a group interesting, but perhaps it is better with a
> mailinglist?

Sounds like a good idea.
We will put in place a gnomeada mailing list at
http://libre.act-europe.fr within the next few days, and we'll see what
happens from there ;-)

Arno

Sent via Deja.com