* [ANNOUNCE] ada-mode 3.5 for Emacs released
@ 2001-02-01 10:13 Emmanuel Briot
From: Emmanuel Briot @ 2001-02-01 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

After more than a year, I am happy to finally announce the new release
of
the ada-mode for Emacs.
It includes a lot of bug fixes since the last version (thanks to all the
persons who reported problems), as well as several improvements.
Here is a quick and non-exhaustive list of them:

* Only one project file is active at any given time. Although this might
seem
  more restrictive than what was there before, this is much much
clearer.
  Switching from one project file to another one is trivially done
through the
  Ada->project menu.

* A new shortcut \C-c\C-f allows you to open a file anywhere one your
path, as
  defined in the project file. For instance, if you want to check one of
the
  runtime file for GNAT (e.g Ada.Text_IO), simply do
       \C-c\C-f a-textio.ads   (or use completion with TAB key)
  to open it. You don't need to know where it is installed.

* Add cross-references to operators. You can now click on an operator
and go to
  its definition with the standard cross-referencing functions.

* The project file editor has been improved and is now much clearer.

* Support for which-function-mode has been added. Try typing
     \M-x which-function-mode
  and see the name of the subprogram the cursor is in displayed in the
status
  bar!

* Defining casing exceptions can not be done for whole words, or part of
them.
  For instance, you can specify that you want chars_ptr to be printed
all lower
  cases (even if you generally write your identifier with an upper-case
first,
  or that you always want the substring "IO" in upper cases (as in
Ada.Text_IO).

Supported users of Ada Core Technologies or ACT-Europe do not need to
download
this version, since they already have access to it through their support
contract.

The home page for the ada-mode is
   http://ada.eu.org/ada-mode

You can get the latest version from there.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all the persons who sent
patches,
especially Stephen Leake and John McCabe, who have both been very
important
contributors to the ada-mode technology over the years.

Emmanuel

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

* ACT distribution to supported customers (was: ada-mode 3.5 for Emacs)
@ 2001-02-01 13:20 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2001-02-01 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <95bcs9$8sd$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, Emmanuel Briot <briot@gnat.com> writes:

> Supported users of Ada Core Technologies or ACT-Europe do not need to
> download
> this version, since they already have access to it through their support
> contract.

Does this mean that ACT has changed their former "support" policy of
requiring supported customers load software over the Internet.  Do
they now ship CD-ROM releases to all supported customers ?