* Wrong SI unit specification
@ 2001-01-31  5:51 Christoph Grein
From: Christoph Grein @ 2001-01-31  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

In this group, where so many people are eager to correct anybody writing
ADA instead of Ada, it astonishes me so often that wrong SI unit names are
used.

Just a late quote:

> (1) On Solaris (>=2.6 or so, I think) the default operating system
>    tick is 10 mS.

mS is NOT Millisecond, it is Millisiemens, where Siemens (in former times also
called Mho) is the inverse of Ohm.

>>> SI units are case-sensitive. <<<

Ms is Megasecond

Also kilo is not K, but k, so Km is wrong.

It just hurts a physicist like an Adavotee hurts seeing ADA.

* Re: Wrong SI unit specification
@ 2001-01-31 12:59 Christoph Grein
From: Christoph Grein @ 2001-01-31 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

dmitry6243@my-deja.com wrote:

> I believe, Millisiemens is also wrong. Correct would be millisiemens.

No, only the abbreviated form is specified.

> And ft is not foot, but femtoton (:-))

Again no, since ton (1 ton = 1Mg) is no official SI unit, so it can't get a
prefix. :-b

Christoph