From: "James Kerr" <jkerr@southwest.com.au>
Subject: Re: Looking for Information on Symbolized Search Trees
Date: 2000/04/23
Date: 2000-04-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Basically it is an assignment that I have been given, and before anyone goes
of saying do it yourself, I am, but whenever you do any assignment it is
good to get some references and basic knowledge on what it is the assignment
is about.

Okay for anyones interest, a symbolized search tree is an abstract data type
that implements a mulitway tree, where balance conditions are not
appliciable.

The symbolized part means it uses symbols as its data, IE. for our
assignment the symbol list is made up of the ASCII character set, so
basically we are plugging in valuse such as: a, J, &, * etc etc.

Anyway the assignment is going along okay, there are still a few things i
need to work out, and still haven't decided which procedures i am going to
do iteratively and which ones I am not.

One quick question away from the above mentioned stuff, If I have a
procedure declaration such as

procedure Test (Array1: in out array_type;
                            Result: out Integer) is

if i want to call the procedure recursively from in itself then the value
for result that i may have already calculated will be of no use as result is
only being passed out and not in??

any help would be appreciated

James