* Re: hangman
       [not found]     ` <$fCmKC5YR$Am@eisner.decus.org>
@ 2001-01-29 14:53       ` Dale Pontius
From: Dale Pontius @ 2001-01-29 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <$fCmKC5YR$Am@eisner.decus.org>,
        Kilgallen@eisner.decus.org.nospam (Larry Kilgallen) writes:
> In article <94k63s$s65$1@nnrp1.deja.com>, Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> writes:
>> In article <3A6D9013.B98355E@bton.ac.uk>,
>>   John English <je@bton.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone who feels impelled to reply to this had better hurry, it's
>>> due to be handed in on Friday afternoon... :-)
>>
>> I was wondering. It seems like it was months ago that we got our first
>> request for help with that assignment. :-)
>
> Perhaps all assignments world-wide should be announced on the internet
> in advance so those of us drawn to the comp.arch style of dealing with

There was a wonderful new on on comp.arch in the past few weeks.
Someone asked an obviously-homework question to the tune of 'What
is an interrupt mask?' Aside from the usual raft of humor, someone
gave a perfectly factual, but totally useless answer. It went way
back to the old IBM 360 days, both archaic and platform specific.

Dale Pontius
NOT speaking for IBM

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-29 14:53 UTC | newest]