From: "Mike Dimmick" <mike@dimmick.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Calling C from Ada - link problem
Date: 2000/03/09
Date: 2000-03-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"Ashley King" <ashleyking@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8a803u$906$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hello everybody. I hope someone can help me.
>
> I am trying to call a C function from Ada. I am using ObjectAda 7.1.1
> and MS Visual C++ 6. Everything compiles. When I try to link on the
Ada
> side, I get the following error:
>
> whatever.lib: fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot
> seek to 0x...
>
> My disk is definitely not full, and I have looked through past Usenet
> messages using Deja and none of the other suggestions or comments that
> saw have made any difference.

Dammit, why do people seem to refuse to read MSDN?  You get a copy with
Visual C++, look in it for the error message.

Following is copyright Microsoft Corporation, apologies to them if they
don't like me posting it:

-----

Linker Tools Error LNK1106
invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to location

The tool could not read or write to location in a memory-mapped file.

Tips

Your disk may be too full to complete the link. Free up some space and
try the link again.

The error may be a result of trying to link over a network. Some
networks do not fully support the memory-mapped files used by the
linker. Try linking on your local disk to see if that fixes the problem.

There may be a bad block on your disk. Although the operating system and
disk hardware should have detected such an error, you may want to run a
disk checking program.

-----

Make sure you're not doing any of the above, then try again.  If it
still fails, let us know.

--
Mike Dimmick