* Re: Enumerations and rep-clauses?
@ 2000-02-28  0:00   ` Steve Folly
From: Steve Folly @ 2000-02-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Tucker Taft" <stt@averstar.com> wrote, amongst other things, in message
news:38BABF5D.A278EF9A@averstar.com...

> An enumeration representation clause specifies a "type-related" aspect
> of representation, so it is shared by all subtypes.  See RM95 13.1(8)
which
> indicates that all rep clauses other than Size and Alignment clauses
> are type-related.  (Size and Alignment are subtype-specific.)
> --
> -Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
> Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)
> AverStar (formerly Intermetrics, Inc.)   Burlington, MA  USA

Got it!

Thanks very much for your help.

--
Regards,
Steve Folly.

From: Steve Folly @ 2000-02-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Given the following Ada95 situation...

  type enum is ( a, b, c, d );

  for enum use ( a => 12, b => 24, c => 36, d => 48 );

  subtype half_enum is enum range a .. b;

Is it guaranteed anywhere that half_enum has the same representation attributes
as enum? (ie. half_enum(a) => 12 and half_enum(b) => 24)

I would hope it did, but I'm having trouble finding the particular LRM
paragraph.

Thanks for your help.

--
Regards,
Steve Folly.

* Re: Enumerations and rep-clauses?
@ 2000-02-28  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 2000-02-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve Folly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Given the following Ada95 situation...
>
>   type enum is ( a, b, c, d );
>
>   for enum use ( a => 12, b => 24, c => 36, d => 48 );
>
>   subtype half_enum is enum range a .. b;
>
> Is it guaranteed anywhere that half_enum has the same representation attributes
> as enum? (ie. half_enum(a) => 12 and half_enum(b) => 24)

Yes.