From: fjh@munta.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Fergus Henderson)
Subject: Re: How come so much traffic on comp.lang.ada??
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 15:47:05 GMT
Date: 1995-02-07T15:47:05+00:00	[thread overview]

hbaker@netcom.com (Henry Baker) writes:

>I've constantly been amazed by the volume of traffic on comp.lang.ada
>relative to comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++.  On many days the ratio is
>about 1:3, meaning 1 Ada message for every 3 C messages or every 4 C++
>messages.
[...]
>I can only speculate on the reasons for this:

5.  The traffic in a newsgroup is in general not a linear function of
    the number of people interested in the topic.  The higher the
    traffic, the more work is required to wade through it all, which
    discourages people.  In comp.lang.c++ people regularly complain
    that the newsgroup is too large and should be split.

--
Fergus Henderson - fjh@munta.cs.mu.oz.au
all [L] (programming_language(L), L \= "Mercury") => better("Mercury", L) ;-)