From: Frode Tenneboe <ft@alne.edh.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: Elaboration circularity
Date: 2000/02/07
Date: 2000-02-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> wrote:
: Be sure to read the chapter in the GNAT users guide here. I am
: always surprised how many people run into trouble with
: elaboration and have NOT read this chapter, which is entirely
: devoted to explaining how to deal with problems like this.

I have read this chapter and it is informative and helpful.

: It can still be tricky, since a lot of legacy code is flawed
: wrt elaboration.

Tell me about it! This piece of lagacy code must be the most
ugly coded and designed piece of software ever written! There
were four separate circularities of which one was very tricky
indeed. However, I think I have found all now and just have
to solve the other problems realted to design flaws!

: The unique optional static approach to elaboration in GNAT
: is designed to ensure that new applications are not flawed
: in this manner.

Please elaborate (!) or are you referring to the static
pragma elaborate*?

 -Frode
--
^ Frode Tenneb�                    | email: ft@edh.ericsson.se      ^
| Ericsson Radar AS. N-1788 Halden |                                |