From: Jesper Quorning <jquorning@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Make with Ada 2019 : DogRobot
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 08:51:30 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2019-02-16T08:51:30-08:00	[thread overview]

Hi Rego

On Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 2:02:47 AM UTC+1, Rego, P. wrote:

> I just published my project for the Make with Ada this year, named DogRobot : A Home C4ISR System. Basically it's a dual application from Windows/Raspberry Pi communicating from sockets using a fixed protocol.

You are a hero participation in the competiton. I have givven you a star marking on GitHub.

> Please take a look if you are interested. And feel free to suggest improvements, make critics, etc. The last 2 weeks when I decided to make it have been very exhaustive but I think it looked good enough for a fast project.

My suggestions are pure project organisational:

Use GPR and split the sources into four source files:
source-lib    - library project for core etc.
source         - project for the application
source-test - project for the test application
source-util  - library project - reusabel components

Four GPR project files using the four source directories:
dogbot_lib.gpr
dogbot.gpr
dogbot_test.gpr
dogbot_util.gpr

Add simple makefiles in the source directories which uses the main make file in the root
In the gpr projects. Add -gnaty to Default_Switch to use AdaCore coding style for better coorporation with others.

gprbuild has the -p option which creates bin/lib/obj directories automatically so you can remove them from your project.

You may have a look at GPR projects and GPR library projects at:

https://github.com/jquorning/DK8543
https://github.com/jquorning/GAWS

Best of luck with the competition.

        Jesper.