From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT: warning: source alignment....
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:06:55 GMT
Date: 2001-01-18T15:06:55+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <979826224.425624@edh3>,
  Frode Tenneboe <ft@alne.edh.ericsson.se> wrote:
> I can't find the location in the source where this warning is
> produced wither. What about a reference to the RM?

Warnings never have anything to do with the RM rules! They are
telling you about constructs that are perfectly legal but are
suspicious, that's all. They simply report a situation which
may be indiciative of an error. If it is not in your case, then
you can simply ignore the warning. As I say, this particular
warning has often corresponded to real problems in ports that
we have done in the past. The proper action to be taken depends
on the situation, and requires detailed analysis.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/