From: "Ehud Lamm" <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: Ada Checklist
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:22:07 +0200
Date: 2001-01-17T22:22:07+02:00	[thread overview]

> Can anyone offer a link to a comprehensive Ada checklist?
> The one I've found
> (http://www.adahome.com/Tutorials/Lovelace/s17s5.htm) is insufficient
> for my needs. Specifically, I would like to use a list for an open book
> Ada/SE exam. I could make one myself, but getting some ideas couldn't
> hurt.
> Alternatively, if anyone can offer his insight regarding possible items
> on a checklist, that would be of great assistance.

Most SE issues are too highlevel to be captured by a checklist. This should
make such lists almost useless for this purposes. Checklists are usegul as a
SE tool, when used for code reviews etc. but they don't help with issues of
design.
So I wouldn't put to much effort into finding such a checklist, it won't
help much (I know: I wrote the exam).
However making a list of the important concepts and insights we talked about
(like information hiding, modularization etc. etc.) should be very helpful
as part of preparing for the exam.

Ehud Lamm