* ANNOUNCE: GVD 1.0.2
@ 2001-01-16 10:23 charlet
From: charlet @ 2001-01-16 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are pleased to announce the availability of GVD, the GNU Visual
Debugger, a general purpose graphical debugger front-end licensed
under the GNU General Public License.

Besides providing all the features of other debugger GUIs, GVD
includes advanced data display and visualization capabilities.
Furthermore, GVD allows the debugging of multi-process/multi-threaded
applications in the same debugging session. GVD works with native as
well as cross debuggers and can handle several languages in the same
debugging session and the same application. Currently Ada, C and C++
are supported.

GVD can run on a host different from the machine where the debugger
is running and provides friendly support for cross-debuggers (VxWorks,
Lynx, etc.). For instance, you can use Linux or Windows to debug an
application running on a Power PC board with a debugger running on a
Sun workstation.

To build GVD we are using the GtkAda GUI technology. GVD comes with
all the GtkAda benefits such as a pluggable look-and-feel, a set of
very high-level widgets and the ability to have the same look-and-feel
on all of your platforms.

You can dowload GVD and get more information at
http://libre.act-europe.fr

New features in GVD 1.0.2:
- Added support for C++ in gdb.
- Assembly window is now much more efficient.
- New menu File->Open Source... to open a source file without the
  explorer
- Interrupt button implemented under NT
- First version of the documentation (still a work in progress)
- First version of the libgvd that can be used from C and any other
  language
- Several bug fixes

If you are interested in participating in the GVD development, do not
hesitate to contact us (mailto:gvd-devel@lists.act-europe.fr)

Arnaud Charlet

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

* Re: ANNOUNCE: GVD 1.0.2
@ 2001-01-16 15:26 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 2001-01-16 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

charlet@gnat.com wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the availability of GVD, the GNU Visual
> Debugger, a general purpose graphical debugger front-end licensed
> under the GNU General Public License.

It looks interesting.  Is there any way to make the
"info locals" window bigger or scrollable?  Also,
any way to filter out certain "uninteresting" locals?
Finally, any way for it to recognize other Ada source file extensions,
such as *.spc and *.bdy?

> Arnaud Charlet

Thanks.
-Tucker Taft
--
-Tucker Taft   stt@avercom.net   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Chief Technology Officer, AverCom, Inc. (A Titan Company) Burlington, MA  USA

* Re: ANNOUNCE: GVD 1.0.2
@ 2001-01-17 10:12   ` charlet
From: charlet @ 2001-01-17 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It looks interesting.  Is there any way to make the
> "info locals" window bigger or scrollable?  Also,
> any way to filter out certain "uninteresting" locals?

Not currently, but that's an interesting suggestion.

> Finally, any way for it to recognize other Ada source file extensions,
> such as *.spc and *.bdy?

Currently this would need a trivial change in the source code, but
we are working on the general handling of preferences, where this
will be possible at the user interface level.

May I suggest that other suggestions, comments and reports are directly
sent to the gvd-devel@lists.act-europe.fr mailing list.
There is also the gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr lists for general
usage questions.

To subscribe to these lists, the simplest is to go to
http://libre.act-europe.fr/gvd and follow the links.

Arno

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/