From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!rpi!newsserver.pixel.kodak.c om!laidbak!tellab5!mcdchg!ast!ast.dsd.northrop.com!dvorak@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU   (dvorak joseph l.)
Subject: SA/SD Documentation of an OBD Design
Date: 12 Nov 92 14:20:05 GMT	[thread overview]

We are completing an object based *redesign* of an existing medium
sized application (~300K LOC).

We have been using a modified Booch approach in the redesign
and have employed abstraction and encapsulation (but not
inheritance or dynamic binding since we are using Ada).
All of the people involved in the object based redesign believe
that this is a much better design than the SA/SA design that exists.

Now management has decided that we must document the object
based design using SA/SD. They want to se dataflows and possibly
structure charts. We are unsure about how to do this since
the design truly reflects the object model. In addition,
this is the first time we have faced this situation since all
of our past OBD and OOD projects were documented in an OOD
form.

We are looking for suggestions and opinions on the wisdom of
this approach. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Joe Dvorak
dvorak@sunfs1.dsd.northrop.com