* Walnut Creek Ada CD?
@ 1994-11-29 20:57 U54294
From: U54294 @ 1994-11-29 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ada Volk...Is there a consensus on the value of the Ada CD-ROM from
Walnut Creek? Good, bad, ugly? Thanks...Nick G. U54294@uicvm.uic.edu

* Re: Walnut Creek Ada CD?
@ 1994-12-06 15:29 ` Jack Beidler
From: Jack Beidler @ 1994-12-06 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <94333.145755U54294@uicvm.uic.edu>, <U54294@uicvm.uic.edu> writes:
|> Ada Volk...Is there a consensus on the value of the Ada CD-ROM from
|> Walnut Creek? Good, bad, ugly? Thanks...Nick G. U54294@uicvm.uic.edu

You don't have to be Ada folks to get some value from the Walnut
Creek CD-ROM.  It is loaded with good software engineering and other
stuff as well,  It also contains a nice program for browsing.  Well
worth the price.
--
+----------------------------------------+------------------------+
|John (Jack) Beidler                    ++   beidler@cs.uofs.edu  |

* Re: Walnut Creek Ada CD?
@ 1994-12-07  6:47   ` Paul Hannah
From: Paul Hannah @ 1994-12-07  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry if this has been through previously, but where would you
get this CD, and what is the price?

Thanks.

* Re: Walnut Creek Ada CD?
@ 1994-12-07 23:19 U54294
From: U54294 @ 1994-12-07 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

There was at least one post asking for a Walnut Creek Ada CD contact.
Here it is (I have no affiliation with Walnut Creek, just a satisfied
customer for some of their other CDs):
   Ada CD  $39.95 (plus shareware fees for some of its contents)
   Walnut Creek CDROM
   4041 Pike Lane, Suite D-392
   Concord, CA  94520
   1-510-674-0783  email to orders@cdrom.com

I suppose this post might seem commercial. I'd like to point out that the
single thing the Ada community could do to best promote Ada ON ITS MERITS
as a programming language, is to provide Ada software, compilers, and tools
at lowest cost. I'm an Ada admirer although (because?) I'm a working
C programmer...Nick G.
+------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
| "I would have preferred that | Nick Geovanis     U54294@uicvm.uic.edu |
|    you smell of garlic."     | Consultant                             |
|       Emperor Vespasian,     | Technical Support Group, Inc.          |
|          demoting a perfumed | 360 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1005        |
|          officer, c. 70 AD.  | Chicago, IL.  60601  Tel: 312-704-5100 |

* Re: Walnut Creek Ada CD?
@ 1994-12-09  2:49     ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1994-12-09  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3c3lqd$h6j@janus.cqu.edu.au>,
Paul Hannah  <P.Hannah@cqu.edu.au> wrote:
>Sorry if this has been through previously, but where would you
>get this CD, and what is the price?
>
>Thanks.

Walnut Creek CD, Walnut Creek, California.

Phone +1 510 674-0783
Fax   +1 510 674-0821
e-mail info@cdrom.com

Price is (still, I think) $39.95. Worth every penny and more.

It's possible that there's an outlet that carries it in Australia.
Ask Walnut Creek.

Mike Feldman

* Re: Walnut Creek Ada CD?
@ 1994-12-09  4:01     ` Dave Retherford
From: Dave Retherford @ 1994-12-09  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3c3lqd$h6j@janus.cqu.edu.au>,
Paul Hannah  <P.Hannah@cqu.edu.au> wrote:
> Sorry if this has been through previously, but where would you
> get this CD, and what is the price?
>
> Thanks.

Here you are ...

     Walnut Creek CDROM
     4041 Pike Ln STE D
     Concord, CA  94520-9909

     Tel: Voice: 1-800-786-9907
     	  Fax:   1-510-674-0821

     E-mail: orders@cdrom.com

The Ada CDROM is now (with the November 1994 release) a two disk set.
The price is (still) $ 39.95 (U.S.).

If you hurry, they are having a rebate offer (?) and you can probably
save some money.  At least the latest mailer I received from them had a
coupon.

Hope this helps you out.

Dave.

| Dave Retherford                      |"Remember this:  the guy down     |
|  Daver@Neosoft.com  or:              | there kissing your butt could be |
|  Dave_Retherford@hso.link.com [work] | just as easily biting it too."   |
|                                      |       -- Forestt Gump            |