* Re: [8516-001] Gnat 3.13p: Command_Name RM A.15
@ 2001-01-16 22:11 dewar
From: dewar @ 2001-01-16 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: christoph.grein, comp.lang.ada, report

Please never cross post to report and another mailing list, as this can
cause chatter. Language issues should be addressed elsewhere than report
if you do not have support. Thanks for following this rule.

* Re: [8516-001] Gnat 3.13p: Command_Name RM A.15
@ 2001-01-17  1:57 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2001-01-17  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <mailman.979683128.26018.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>,
  comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org wrote:
> Please never cross post to report and another mailing list,
> as this can cause chatter. Language issues should be
> addressed elsewhere than report if you do not have support.
> Thanks for following this rule.

Note that this message resulted from me replying to a message
to report. Apparently the questioner cross posted through a
gateway to report, and also to comp.lang.ada. I would like
to ask that people NOT do this kind of cross-posting precisely
since it can result in messages flittering between the two
lists (and we need to keep report free of outside discussion,
since it is our primary support list).

As per the above note, please avoid this.

We will shortly be setting up mechanisms for reporting problems
with the public version of GNAT using the normal gcc channels
used for other components of gcc. I think this will serve the
community more effectively, since then people can indeed see
this traffic from outside. Then report@gnat.com will be used
just for reports from supported users of GNAT Professional.

This will simplify life for everyone, and provide everyone with
more effective channels for reporting GNAT bugs and problems,
as well as discussing enhancements etc.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Sent via Deja.com