From: Nick Sizemore <sizemore@HUACHUCA-EMH17.ARMY.MIL>
Subject: Re: Let's cover this one more time...
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 12:08:47 MST
Date: 1994-11-17T12:08:47-07:00	[thread overview]

    > Date:    Wed, 16 Nov 1994 15:35:40 EST
    > From:    CONDIC@PSAVAX.PWFL.COM
    >          Marin David Condic, 407.796.8997, M/S 731-93
    > Subject: Let's cover this one more time...

         I am aware of reverse engineering/conversion tools from:

    Scandura          - PRODOC re/Nu FORTRAN-Ada WorkBench
    Reasoning Systems - REFINE/<lang> series
    McCabe Associates - (don't recall tool name).

         There are others, but these are some I have seen in various
    literature sources for several years, so I assume they have had some
    commercial success.  I have not used these but have aquired literature
    for others in my organization.

         Is there some reason, either in priciple or in practice, why such
    tools (as opposed to the line by line 'converters') are out of the
    question for the project described?  I do know of at least one company
    locally which used the McCabe tools to re-engineer an Ada system
    (i.e., no conversion) and was pleased with the results.  Just asking -
    I have no vested interest.

   |N. L. Sizemore                | (602) 538-4883 [Voice]          |
   |Computer Sciences Corporation | (602) 538-4933 [FAX]            |
   |P.  O. Box 719                | sizemore@huachuca-emh17.army.mil|
   |Ft. Huachuca, AZ  85613-0719  |                                 |
   |    "For aggregate success, members must be the same to the     |
   |    system and different to the environment."                   |
   |    Second Aggregate Law        in General Principles of        |
   |                                System Design                   |
   |                                Gerald & Daniela Weinberg       |