From: CONDIC@PSAVAX.PWFL.COM
Subject: Re: Help! How to bind X and DEC Ada together?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 14:15:47 EST
Date: 1994-11-14T14:15:47-05:00	[thread overview]

From: Marin David Condic, 407.796.8997, M/S 731-93
Original_To:  PROFS%"SMTP@PWAGPDB"
Original_cc:  CONDIC

"JASON ~{UES}3I~}" <yschung2@CUSE1.SE.CUHK.HK> writes:

>We currently doing a course project (in group) using DEC ADA 83.
>Meanwhile, my group has decided to design a GUI program using X.
>However, we have encountered a problem that we don't know how to
>bind X and DEC Ada together.  We have downloaded an archive
>AdaXlibXt.zip from wuarchive.wustl.edu and tried to compile the
>stuffs.  To our disappointment, the compilations failed.

We downloaded a package for Motif bindings in DEC Ada from the
PAL. See: "languages/ada/bindings/motif/dec" if you want to
download the code or contact Bevin Brett of Digital Equioopment
Corporation (brett@peon.enet.dec.com) who is credited as the
guilty party. We couldn't compile it because we didn't have the
latest version of the compiler, so I can't endorse it fully.

Also, there's a product called XInada by a company called Top
Graph'X (10 Allee de la Mare Jacob, 91290 - La Norville - FRANCE.
Tel: (33) 1 69 26 97 88 Fax: (33) 1 69 26 97 89. E-Mail:
100071,45@compuserve.com) They have implemented all of X, PEX and
Motif, directly in Ada across a number of platforms and at a
reasonable price. (Saw them at the TriAda show - they had stuff
that's cool!)

Both are, IMHO, worth looking at as cost effective solutions.

Pax,
Marin

Marin David Condic, Senior Computer Engineer    ATT:        407.796.8997
M/S 731-93                                      Technet:    796.8997
Pratt & Whitney, GESP                           Internet:   CONDICMA@PWFL.COM
P.O. Box 109600                                 Internet:   MDCONDIC@AOL.COM
West Palm Beach, FL 33410-9600
    "Whatever is not nailed down is mine. Whatever I can pry up is not
    nailed down."

        --  Collis P. Huntington, railroad tycoon