From: "Bob Stuckart (x'3301')" <STUCKART@BNG.GE.COM>
Subject: pixie
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 14:38:39 -0500
Date: 1994-11-10T14:38:39-05:00	[thread overview]

I am posting this message for a co-worker.

Does anyone out there know anything about a program called pixie? It's an
evaluation program that evaluates performance of code running on a
microprocessor.  It takes an object file, runs it on the microprocessor and
gives you performance output.  This output contains really useful information
such as how many clock cycle the code took to run, how many cache misses
were there, how many memory fetches were there, etc....

  Specifically what I need to know about is the following:

  1. Is the source code out there anywhere? If not, does anyone know where
     I can purchase a copy.

  2. Are there any other similar programs out there?  I don't have to use
     pixie, but it's the only one I know of.

  3. Will it work with Ada object files? I figure it would, since an object
     file should be an object file, but I thought I should check to be sure.

You can mail me directly at chady@bns101.bng.ge.com

 Thanks!
Christine Chady