* Ada bindings to Berkeley Sockets
@ 1994-11-04 20:06 sandberg
From: sandberg @ 1994-11-04 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

   Is anyone familiar with Ada bindings to Berkeley Sockets?  Are there
   any public domain bindings?

   I am also interested in papers written on distributed computing using
   Ada.  Could you please provide an ftp site to retrieve documents
   related to programming distributed Ada applications.

Thanks in advance.

--

Brian Sandberg                   | INTERNET: Brian.K.Sandberg@cdev.com
Computing Devices International  |

* Re: Ada bindings to Berkeley Sockets
@ 1994-11-04 21:45 Don Reifer
From: Don Reifer @ 1994-11-04 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

     Brian,

     Contact Huet Landrey or Curtis Royster at the DISA Center for
     Standards.  They are working the sockets for me.  Also, contact the
     AdaIC for their current bindings listing.

     Don Reifer

Subject: Ada bindings to Berkeley Sockets
Author:  sandberg@picard.lexfac.cdev.com at smtp
Date:    11/4/94 3:06 PM

@ 1994-11-05 16:36 ` William Loftus
From: William Loftus @ 1994-11-05 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

>      Brian,
>
>      Contact Huet Landrey or Curtis Royster at the DISA Center for
>      Standards.  They are working the sockets for me.  Also, contact the
>      AdaIC for their current bindings listing.
>
>      Don Reifer

There is a collection of packages called Paradise, which WPL Labs has used
very successfully to interface with sockets (it also provides interfaces to
other Unix functionality).  We also ported the package to Solaris 2.3 on
Suns and x86.  It's available for free from ASSET the id for it
is ASSET_A_523.

Bill
--
William Loftus                                  william.loftus@wpllabs.com
WPL Laboratories, Inc.                          610-658-2362