From: Bob Wells #402 <wel@EUROCONTROL.DE>
Subject: Another One Bites the Dust!
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 12:26:40 +0100
Date: 1994-10-28T12:26:40+01:00	[thread overview]

G'day,
I've just heard that the Swedish military is not going to proceed
with an Ada version of the tactical terminal that they had ordered.

Siemens AS had built such terminals for the Norwegan Army using
SDL and C. They then won the contract to build a modified version
of the terminal for the Swedish Army using Ada.

The schedule was such that the delivery of the prototype, upgraded
to the new Swedish spec. but also using SDL and C, was due for
evaluation in August this year. It turns out that the prototype
worked so well that the Swedes have said not to bother with the Ada
version, they are happy with the performance of the SDL/C version!

Oh well, I was looking forward to going back up to Oslo! )-: I guess
as Malcolm said "Life wasn't meant to be easy!"

  Bob Wells               "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
                             latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes."
@ INTERNET: wel@eurocontrol.de                 Compu$erve:      100272,3004
@ The Ada WWW Server is http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/                 Team Ada
@ For exciting Ada info enter 'finger wel@s4ecawel.eurocontrol.de'