* Eiffel for DOD Development
@ 1994-10-17 14:35 Nick Sizemore
From: Nick Sizemore @ 1994-10-17 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

     Thomas Hood 913-4501 <hoodt@POSTOFFICE.MANASSAS.IBM.COM> writes:

      :
    <snip>
      :

    >The problem I see is when the customer decides to abandon Ada on the
    >advice of the contractor.  At that point the contractor won't complain
    >since the customer made the decision.  I see a disconnect between the
    >enforcers of the mandate and the decision makers on the individual
    >projects.  More directly, it's not the contractors abandoning the
    >mandate, it's the customer.  How do you prosecute them?

         The Ada mandate exists both in the form of public law and
    implementing regulations for each of the services.  Any civilian civil
    servant may be charged with violation of the respective public law, and
    related charges dealing with failure to adhere to applicable
    organizational policies and procedures.  Any military manager may be
    brought to court-martial for failure to obey a standing order, among
    other charges.

         Many circumstances conspire to make successful prosecution in such
    cases highly problematic.  Nonetheless, a clear mechanism  exists for
    doing so, and virtually anyone in a position to have knowledge of such
    violations may seek to initiate such action.

   +------------------------------+---------------------------------+
   |N. L. Sizemore                | (602) 538-4883 [Voice]          |
   |Computer Sciences Corporation | (602) 538-4933 [FAX]            |
   |P.  O. Box 719                | sizemore@huachuca-emh17.army.mil|
   |Ft. Huachuca, AZ  85613-0719  |                                 |
   |    "For aggregate success, members must be the same to the     |
   |    system and different to the environment."                   |
   |    Second Aggregate Law        in General Principles of        |
   |                                System Design                   |
   |                                Gerald & Daniela Weinberg       |

only message in thread, other threads:[~1994-10-17 14:35 UTC | newest]