From: Bob Wells #402 <wel@EUROCONTROL.DE>
Subject: "Common" data
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 1994 18:37:08 +0100
Date: 1994-10-12T18:37:08+01:00	[thread overview]

G'day,
Where abouts in the LRM does it say that I will only have one copy
of the variable T in the following code? This is naturally what you
would expect, that A.New_T_Value and B.New_T_Value would be working
on the same T, but is this defined in the LRM?

This is a trivialization of some comms code delivered to us, and we
wanted to see if the behaviour was defined by the LRM.

---------------------------------------
package Common is

  procedure Update_T;

end Common;

package body Common is

  T : Integer;

  procedure Update_T is

  begin

    ..
    code which updates the variable T;
    ..

  end Update_T;

end Common;

---------------------------------------

package A is

   procedure New_T_Value;

end A;

with Common;
package body A is

  procedure New_T_Value is

  begin

    Common.Update_T;

  end New_T_Value;

end A;

---------------------------------------

package B is

   procedure New_T_Value;

end B;

with Common;
package body B is

  procedure New_T_Value is

  begin

    Common.Update_T;

  end New_T_Value;

end B;

---------------------------------------

with A;
with B;
procedure Main is

begin

  A.New_T_Value;

  B.New_T_Value;

end Main;

Any confirmation of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

  Bob Wells                             "For every action there is an equal
                                         and opposite government program."
@ INTERNET: wel@eurocontrol.de                 CompuServe:      100272,3004
@ The Ada WWW Server is http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/                 Team Ada
@ For exciting Ada info enter 'finger wel@s4ecawel.eurocontrol.de'