From: Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org>
Subject: Re: astyle/cindent for Ada?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:40:46 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-07-27T14:40:46-07:00	[thread overview]

Hi Ludovic

I would be the one to post the bug report only I have switch distros so many times I can't be sure what the set up was when I observed this.

I am having problems as well  with fsf gnat.

I have a simple ada file I ran with this on Xubuntu:

gnatpp first_procedure.adb

I got this result:
gnatpp: No rule to check specified
gnatcheck: the GNAT rule checking tool
usage: gnatcheck [options] {filename} {-files=filename} [-cargs gcc_switches] -rules rule_switches
 -a   - process RTL units
 -d   - debug mode
 -dd  - progress indicator mode (for use in GPS)
 -h   - print out the list of the currently implemented rules
 -mn  - n is the maximum number of diagnoses in Stdout
        (n in 0 .. 1000, 0 means no limit)
 -q   - quiet mode (do not report detections in Stdout)
 -t   - report execution time in Stderr
 -v   - verbose mode
 -log - duplicate all the messages sent to Stderr in log file
        gnatpp.log
 -s   - short form of the report file

 --include-file=filename - add the content of filename into generated report
 -o filename             - specify the name of the report file

filename                 - the name of the Ada source file to be analyzed.
                           Wildcards are allowed
-files=filemane          - the name of the text file containing a list of Ada
                           source filesto analyze

gcc_switches  - a list of switches that are valid switches for gcc

rule_switches          - a list of the following switches
   -from=filename      - read rule options from filename
   +ALL                - turn all the rules ON
   -ALL                - turn all the rules OFF
   +R<rule_id>[:param] - turn ON a given rule [with given parameter]
   -R<rule_id>         - turn OFF a given rule
   -R<rule_id>:param   - turn OFF some of the checkS for a given  rule,
                         depending on the specified parameter
where <rule_id> - ID of one of the currently implemented
                  rules, use '-h' for the full list
      param     - string representing parameter(s) of a given rule, more than
                  one parameter can be set separated by ','

I did the same with the GNAT binary from Adacore and it formatted the code differently.

Have I done something stupid or is gnatpp not enabled in my gnat version?

I can post this bug if it is helpful-Patrick