From: Fionn Mac Cumhaill <invisible@hiding.from.spam>
Subject: Re: ANN: GNAT/GPL Solaris 10: 2007-solaris-x86
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 02:00:28 GMT
Date: 2008-02-03T02:00:28+00:00	[thread overview]

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 00:41:06 -0800 (PST), Ludovic Brenta
<ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:

... snip ...

>I do have one remark: the R6, R7, R8 are necessary only because the
>GNU Ada packages are not part of their target distributions; they are
>add-ons. If the various GNU Ada package maintainers would join
>OpenSuSE, Fedora, OpenSolaris and MinGW, it would become possible to
>incorporate the packages into each release of these distributions. I'm
>sure the GNU Ada packages are much more stable and functional than the
>ones in the various distributions.

... snip ...

I've been using the MinGW compilers for quite a while now, and I must
certainly agree with the comment above - The MinGW developers could
use some more Ada talent; as it is now, if I have problems with the r8
MingW (In fact I do have a problem), the MinGW crew aren't going to
supply help; there aren't enough hours in their days to unscrew
problems with stuff developed completely outside their team, and they
don't try;