* System call in ADA?
@ 1993-07-28 18:03 haven.umd.edu!cville-srv.wam.umd.edu!asdfjkl
From: haven.umd.edu!cville-srv.wam.umd.edu!asdfjkl @ 1993-07-28 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Howdy folks...

does anyone know how to do a system call from an Ada program?  Something like
copying a file.

Please reply to my message insted of posting since I do not read this group..
thanks..

Gene

* Re: System call in ADA?
@ 1993-07-28 18:50 Kenneth Anderson
From: Kenneth Anderson @ 1993-07-28 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

In comp.lang.ada you write:

>Howdy folks...

Howdy, back...

>does anyone know how to do a system call from an Ada program?  Something like
>copying a file.

This is dependent on your compiler.  If you can obtain your compiler's manuals
from your local support group, you will find all the information that
you need in there...

>Please reply to my message insted of posting since I do not read this group..
>thanks..

I hate this type of request, so I will also post my reply to comp.lang.ada...

>Gene

Ken
-
Ken Anderson                           |  "I'd much rather live in perfection,
U.C. Irvine                            |   than deal with reality." -- Kenbod
-
I think we should tax all foreigners   |  Practice random kindness and
living abroad.           -- John       |  senseless acts of beauty.
                            Cleese     |  -- Anne Herbert
-

* Re: System call in ADA?
@ 1993-07-30  6:03 cis.ohio-state.edu!magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!sol.ctr.columbia.edu!news.kei.com!ub!dsinc!gvls1!lonjers
From: cis.ohio-state.edu!magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu!math.ohio-state.edu!sol.ctr.columbia.edu!news.kei.com!ub!dsinc!gvls1!lonjers @ 1993-07-30  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9307281150.aa18465@Paris.ics.uci.edu> kanderso@mabillon.ICS.UCI.EDU
 (Kenneth Anderson) writes:
>In comp.lang.ada you write:
>>does anyone know how to do a system call from an Ada program?  Something like
>>copying a file.
>
>This is dependent on your compiler.  If you can obtain your compiler's manuals
>from your local support group, you will find all the information that
>you need in there...

Look especially if your vendor implements the POSIX interfaces.  POSIX
provides the Start_Process operation for just this purpose.