From: Colin James 0621 <cjames@dsc.blm.gov>
Subject: Microsoft targets missile at Ada9X
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 93 6:03:46 MDT	[thread overview]

Gregory Aharonian posts a message regarding this subject, but I could not
find anything about Microsoft in the message.

Re running a reuse center at one's own expense,  I have done just that on
a private BBS I run as an avocation (because it has nothing to do with my
vocation which ignores Ada) and have purchased Ada source code libraries
at my own expense.  I do this without looking for kudos and indeed have
been harassed by the lead engineer of a local (big) contractor which uses
Ada.  But I keep on going as the everready bunny and without moaning
because I for one am certain that Ada83/9X is destined to endure and
conquer the fad languages/methodologies in time.  My plan is to be a
gold collar worker, as Paul Strassmann puts it, in the year 2000.  We
shall have to see, but until then I hope to do my job well as a C and
Oracle programmer with the full knowledge that those non-disciplines
can produce character by teaching me what not to do with Ada.  The
only victim in the Ada vs others language wars is the end user who
is forced to use non-zero-defect code, such as in Windows NT beta.