From: crispen <@ada3.ca.boeing.com:crispen@eight-ball.boeing.com>
Subject: Re: STARS Boeing embarassed about Ada
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 93 15:37:06 CDT	[thread overview]

Greg Arahonian says:

>   Why is Will Hodges so embarassed to have Boeing be associated with Ada?
>All these words in print, not once is Ada mentioned.

Greg, Greg, Greg.  It's hard to know where to begin.  First of all, you
talk of "metaprogramming".  It's "megaprogramming".  Second, you talk
about "Will" Hodges.  It's Bill.

Third, I'm sure Bill will be speaking for himself in this forum very
soon, so consider my words below as a postscript and a personal
reaction, not an official STARS or Boeing reaction.

But to say in your message header that Boeing is "embarassed" about
Ada, and to infer from the nonappearance in print of words plugging
Ada that Boeing (quoting you again) is one of these contractors who
"dis the Ada language" is so far out there as to be almost actionable
if it weren't so laughably stupid.

For goodness sakes, take a Quaalude, Greg.  Either that, or show
up at some of the industry conferences and listen to what Boeing people
say in our papers and in our presentations.  You and I have corresponded
by private email in the past, and you knew I worked on the STARS
program.  Didn't it occur to you to get the facts before you
started shooting off your mouth?

Once again, I don't speak for the company, but I have said and written
so many words in praise of Ada, and have used Ada as such an integral
part of everything I do in the architectural and reuse fields, that
I feel like I've paid my dues, thank you, and I don't need your
approval.

But I won't put up with your characterization by inference of my work
as either ignoring or dissing Ada.

And take this with you: just what the heck do you think is *in*
the repository?
| Bob Crispen                   |   Who will babysit the babysitters?  |
| (205) 461-3296                |Opinions expressed here are mine alone|