* Looking for Ada tasking programs
@ 1993-02-12 21:45 wupost!howland.reston.ans.net!ux1.cso.uiuc.edu!bert.eecs.uic.edu!uicvm.ui
From: wupost!howland.reston.ans.net!ux1.cso.uiuc.edu!bert.eecs.uic.edu!uicvm.ui @ 1993-02-12 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I am looking for Ada sources  (hopefully large Ada systems) which involve
tasking.  We have a tool in our lab with which we do static analysis
of Ada tasking programs.  I am looking for Realistic Ada tasking programs
to apply this tool.

Please post here, or e-mail me if you have information about any ftp
site (or person) where I can get this stuff from.

Thanks,
Ramana.

u can e-mail me at:

ramana@bert.eecs.uic.edu
U58582@uicvm.cc.uic.edu

* Re: Looking for Ada tasking programs
@ 1993-02-17 13:05 enterpoop.mit.edu!ira.uka.de!math.fu-berlin.de!news.netmbx.de!Germany.EU.
From: enterpoop.mit.edu!ira.uka.de!math.fu-berlin.de!news.netmbx.de!Germany.EU. @ 1993-02-17 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <93043.154524U58582@uicvm.uic.edu> U58582@uicvm.uic.edu writes:
>I am looking for Ada sources  (hopefully large Ada systems) which involve
>tasking.  We have a tool in our lab with which we do static analysis
>of Ada tasking programs.  I am looking for Realistic Ada tasking programs
>to apply this tool.
>
>Please post here, or e-mail me if you have information about any ftp
>site (or person) where I can get this stuff from.

Since you're asking a very similar question to the one I asked about a week
ago, a summary of the replies I received is appended to this message.
I got very few replies: either people aren't willing to let on where
repositories are, or they think someone else will mail me / post news.

[Gregory A. offered to sell me the code he has, but I declined :-) In return,
he declined to even point me at possible sources.]

Please, if you know of any more sites, e-mail me or post to comp.lang.ada.
Thanks.

Mat

| Mathew Lodge             | "What's your name, boy?" "Kate." "Isn't that |
| mjl-b@minster.york.ac.uk |  a bit of a girl's name?" "It's short for... |
| University of York, UK   |  Bob." -- Blackadder II                      |

News articles first:
----------------
From: hso6230@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil (Greg A Buskirk)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: Re: Ada / SQL bindings experience with Oracle DB

I know that the ASSET repository has an Ada/SQL binding:

Phone # (304) 594-3954
FAX #   (304) 594-3951
EMAIL   info@source.asset.com
ADDRESS  ASSET
	 2611 Cranberry Square
	 Morgantown, WV 26505

Also the Air Force repository (AFDSRS) at Gunter also contains an Ada/SQL
binding which I am presently porting from a VAX/VMS platform to a AT&T
3B2/UNIX platform. The POC for the AFDSRS is:

POC	: Rob Rutherford
PHONE # : (205) 416-5855
DSN #   : 596-5855
DDN IP  : 140.185.42.1
----------------

From: cffs@fox.nstn.ns.ca (Doug Brown)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
Subject: Re: Where to get Ada code
Date: 11 Feb 93 12:05:39 GMT

  One of the better sites for source code is Simtel (wsmr-simtel20.army.mil)
the repository can be found in "PD7:<ada.xxx>".  It is mirrored at several
sites such as oak.oakland.edu (under "/pub/ada") and wuarchive.wustl.edu
(under "/mirrors/ada").  The are also a few Ada items in Simtel's MS Dos
collection under the "ada" suddirectory.  The MS Dos collection at simtel is
"PD1:<msdos.ada>", at oakland "/pub/msdos/ada", and wuarchive "mirrors/msdos/
ada".  I also believe that Simtel is mirrored in Europe.

  There was also a posting several months ago about an Ada source code
profiler available at the Ada Joint Project office (ajpo.sei.cmu.edu)
as  "ASAP".  I forget where it is stored.  You probably should also check
ACM's Ada Letters, Vol XII, No 3, May/Jun 92 pp 84-91.  There is an
excellent list of reusable software components.  Hope this helps.

Doug Brown

By mail:

From: psm%helios.nosc.mil@nosc.mil (Scot McIntosh)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada

DoD Center for Software Reuse. 703 536-7485. Ask for Fran.
DDN address: 134.152.8.22. Won't do you any good until you
have an account set up.

Scot McIntosh
Internet: psm%helios.nosc.mil@nosc.mil