* looking for lex/yacc for Ada, for Ada packages
@ 1993-03-09 17:00 Yves Arrouye
From: Yves Arrouye @ 1993-03-09 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am looking for tools like lex and yacc, which will generate Ada code,
in order to help implementing a syntax analyzer in Ada. I am looking for
*publicly available* tools, please...

I remember having read a note about a public repository of Ada sources,
which were mainly coming from the Dod, I think; however, I do not remember
where this repository was located. If somone can tell me...

*PLEASE* *do* answer by email, because I am posting this on behalf of a
friend, and I am not a reader of comp.lang.ada (sorry, I am not using Ada
actually).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yves.

--
Elle e'tait comme je vous la raconte sans que vous                 Yves Arrouye
  puissiez voir son visage ni entendre ses paroles,     arrouye@mistral.imag.fr

* Re: looking for lex/yacc for Ada, for Ada packages
@ 1993-03-10  7:49 ` Kenneth Anderson
From: Kenneth Anderson @ 1993-03-10  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

In comp.lang.ada you write:

>Hi,

>I am looking for tools like lex and yacc, which will generate Ada code,
>in order to help implementing a syntax analyzer in Ada. I am looking for
>*publicly available* tools, please...

You should contact John Self at the University of California, Irvine.  He
wrote FLEX in Ada which generates Ada packages.  He will also be able to
tell you how to get a hold of AYACC.

His email address is self@ics.uci.edu

Cheers,

Ken
Ken Anderson                           |  "I'd much rather live in perfection,
U.C. Irvine                            |   than deal with reality." -- Kenbod
Happy! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Joy!    |  Practice random kindness and
                         -- Stimpy     |  senseless acts of beauty.

@ 1993-03-15 14:53 ` Poutanen Olavi
From: Poutanen Olavi @ 1993-03-15 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1993Mar9.170043.23392@imag.fr> arrouye@imag.fr (Yves Arrouye) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I am looking for tools like lex and yacc, which will generate Ada code,
>in order to help implementing a syntax analyzer in Ada. I am looking for
>*publicly available* tools, please...

I know one public place where you could get something. It is the results
of the ASENTO (Ada Software Engineering Tool) project, which was going at
Tampere University of Technology, Finland, a few years ago.

There is an Ada yacc (YACCA) and an Ada interface generator (Adaface).

They are available at machine kaarne.cs.tut.fi (130.230.3.2) for
anonymous ftp. The directory is pub/src/ASENTO. At TUT Mr. Hannu-Matti
J{rvinen, hmj@cs.tut.fi, knows more of this software.

This availability is also mentioned in Ada Letters, Jan/Feb 1993, article
Reusable Software Components, page 60.

Regards,

Olavi Poutanen

Testwell Oy (develops and markets Ada test tools TBGEN System and TCMON System)
Kanslerinkatu 8, SF-33720 Tampere, Finland
tel. +358-31-165464, fax. +358-31-183311, email. olavip@cs.tut.fi