From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie Questions about Get, Get_Line
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 17:47:40 GMT
Date: 2000-12-31T17:47:40+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <98pt4t477fqavihkgfbjioo7peo9vb7f20@4ax.com>,
  gressett@iglobal.net wrote:

> It's a fixed-length String variable; I have to pad it with something,
> and in this case, the fixed-length string is a good match to the
> requirements of the problem being solved.

Why? Do you have to print it out as a field in a table on the screen? Or
are you just saying this because when you don't pad it and try to print
out the whole string you get garbage?

I'm sorry if you find the second option insulting, but you termed
yourself a newbie, and lots of newbies have that misunderstanding. Of
course, what they *should* be doing is printing out just the valid slice
of the string, not the whole string...

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com