From: "Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne)" <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Tricks Of The Trade: How To Compile Large Program On Two Very Different Compilers
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:27:09 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2009-11-04T11:27:09-08:00	[thread overview]

On 4 nov, 19:53, ChristopherL <clusard...@aol.com> wrote:
> How would you go about compiling your code?

You are talking about “ files ” (not package) : what are
responsibilities for this project ?
As a developer ? As a manager ?
And what kind of code is it ? Any tricky implementation or
dependencies ?
Ada is notably portable, so unless the code relies on some specific
pragma or suspicious assumption about the compiler behavior, there
should not be any trouble.

Well, just to give an advice (as we finally do not know a lot), it
seems that elaboration order is a common trap while switching from one
compiler to another (this is not a compiler trouble then, but mostly a
design trouble).

But I guess linking may also be an issue, if multiple parts of the one
application are to be compiled by different compilers.

Does it help ? Did I understood what you were asking about ?