* "Screen" package for Windows95
@ 1999-06-10  0:00 pit_viper_2000
From: pit_viper_2000 @ 1999-06-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Anyone have a nice screen package for Windows95???  I basically
just need the clearscreen function.  Or if anyone knows an Ada95
command to clear the screen and home the cursor.  I can't seem to get
the "Screen" package that I have to actually clear the screen...it just
types " [2J" to the screen.  The space there is actually a left arrow
on my DOS window...but I can't type that here.  The package I'm using
is one that came with the GNAT 3.11p compiler that I got over the
Internet.  It's written by Michael Feldman, last modified in July 1995.
 If anyone has an update to this package, or has another package that I
could use, I would be greatful.  Thanks!

Chris
Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

* Re: "Screen" package for Windows95
@ 1999-06-10  0:00 ` Martin C. Carlisle
From: Martin C. Carlisle @ 1999-06-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You are missing ansi.sys -- since this won't work on Win NT anyway,
I'd suggest using the Win32 port of this by Jerry van Dijk.

See http://stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk/packages.html -- look for either
win 32 screen (a direct port of Mike Feldman's stuff), or NT Console.

--Martin

In article <8qQ73.5920$Xr4.48911@c01read02-admin.service.talkway.com>,
pit_viper_2000 <pit_viper_2000@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi, Anyone have a nice screen package for Windows95???  I basically
>just need the clearscreen function.  Or if anyone knows an Ada95
>command to clear the screen and home the cursor.  I can't seem to get
>the "Screen" package that I have to actually clear the screen...it just
>types " [2J" to the screen.  The space there is actually a left arrow
>on my DOS window...but I can't type that here.  The package I'm using
>is one that came with the GNAT 3.11p compiler that I got over the
>Internet.  It's written by Michael Feldman, last modified in July 1995.
> If anyone has an update to this package, or has another package that I
>could use, I would be greatful.  Thanks!
>
>Chris
>--
>Exchange ideas on practically anything (tm).

--
Martin C. Carlisle, Asst Prof of Computer Science, US Air Force Academy
carlislem@acm.org, http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/carlisle.html

* Re: "Screen" package for Windows95
@ 1999-06-10  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-06-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

pit_viper_2000 wrote in message
<8qQ73.5920$Xr4.48911@c01read02-admin.service.talkway.com>...
>Hi, Anyone have a nice screen package for Windows95???  I basically
>just need the clearscreen function.  Or if anyone knows an Ada95
>command to clear the screen and home the cursor.  I can't seem to get
>the "Screen" package that I have to actually clear the screen...it just
>types " [2J" to the screen.  The space there is actually a left arrow
>on my DOS window...but I can't type that here.  The package I'm using
>is one that came with the GNAT 3.11p compiler that I got over the
>Internet.  It's written by Michael Feldman, last modified in July 1995.
> If anyone has an update to this package, or has another package that I
>could use, I would be greatful.  Thanks!

You need to have ANSI.SYS specified in your CONFIG.SYS file
in order for your DOS window to respond to ANSI terminal control
sequences.

* Re: "Screen" package for Windows95
@ 1999-06-11  0:00   ` Bill Ghrist
From: Bill Ghrist @ 1999-06-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Apologizing in advance that this is not specifically an Ada question,
does anyone know whether ansi.sys works with Win98, and if so, whether
it is included with Win98?

Thanks,
Bill Ghrist

@ 1999-06-13  0:00     ` Vladimir Olensky
From: Vladimir Olensky @ 1999-06-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill Ghrist wrote in message <37610802.2C67C4DA@pgh.net>...
>Apologizing in advance that this is not specifically an Ada question,
>does anyone know whether ansi.sys works with Win98, and if so, whether
>it is included with Win98?

Yes it is included in Win98 (have a look at the directory  windows\command).

But I would better recommend to use  NT console  by Jerry van Dijk as
mentioned by Martin C. Carlisle.

Regards,
Vladimir Olensky