From: patrick.renaud@transport.alstom.com (P. Renaud)
Subject: How to calculate the number of seconds since January 1st, 1970 ?
Date: 2 Apr 2002 01:24:29 -0800
Date: 2002-04-02T09:24:29+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I have to calculate the number of seconds since January 1st, 1970
00:00.

I tried using the Calendar package but it always fails with the
Time_Error exception (the minus operator used to calculate the
difference between the current date/time and the reference date/time
is greater than the duration type limit).

How can I do to obtain the correct result ?

Thanks for your help.

P. Renaud