* "Ada for Automation" Boutique
@ 2015-09-14 20:27 slos
From: slos @ 2015-09-14 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello there,

It seems to me that some people here like to buy Ada related stuff... ;-)

I have created a little Spreadshirt shop to promote "Ada for Automation" and get some money to buy devices like IO modules, drive / encoder / motor to develop further, test, validate and demo this automation framework.

I hope you will like the design, it's not mine though, I have based my work on the one of Aurélien who designed the original flying fish and gave it to the project.
So here is the link, enjoy !
http://shop.spreadshirt.fr/ada4automation

By the way, someone asked (I think it was Bjorn) if "Ada for Automation" could be used on a Raspberry Pi. I can confirm since a friend has lent me his own Model B. But it is a no-brainer since Debian based. Also Gnoga was reported to work on it.

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
Stéphane
http://slo-ist.fr/ada4autom

* Re: "Ada for Automation" Boutique
@ 2015-09-15 13:35 ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2015-09-15 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

slos <new.stephane.los@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, someone asked (I think it was Bjorn) if "Ada for Automation"
> could be used on a Raspberry Pi. I can confirm since a friend has lent me
> his own Model B. But it is a no-brainer since Debian based. Also Gnoga
> was reported to work on it.

I'm surprised this still comes up considering I wrote a getting started
with Ada on RPI in MagPI.

Luke

* Re: "Ada for Automation" Boutique
@ 2015-09-15 20:40   ` slos
From: slos @ 2015-09-15 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le mardi 15 septembre 2015 15:35:46 UTC+2, Luke A. Guest a écrit :
> slos wrote:
>

> > By the way, someone asked (I think it was Bjorn) if "Ada for Automation"
> > could be used on a Raspberry Pi. I can confirm since a friend has lent me
> > his own Model B. But it is a no-brainer since Debian based. Also Gnoga
> > was reported to work on it.
>
> I'm surprised this still comes up considering I wrote a getting started
> with Ada on RPI in MagPI.
>
> Luke

Don't be surprised Luke.
There is so much information in the air today that without reminder it is just like dust on the floor covered quickly by some more dust.
Instead of being surprised you should have let a link to it in each post where you felt it could be of interest.
This would avoid this interesting getting started a premature sinking.

@ 2015-09-16  7:50   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2015-09-16  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Luke A. Guest <laguest@archeia.com> writes:

> slos <new.stephane.los@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> By the way, someone asked (I think it was Bjorn) if "Ada for
>> Automation" could be used on a Raspberry Pi. I can confirm since a
>> friend has lent me his own Model B. But it is a no-brainer since
>> Debian based. Also Gnoga was reported to work on it.
>
> I'm surprised this still comes up considering I wrote a getting
> started with Ada on RPI in MagPI.

You or I might expect that 'Ada for Automation', Gnoga would work on an
RPi (though mine was still on wheezy, GCC 4.6); others might need
convincing.

* Re: "Ada for Automation" Boutique
@ 2015-09-16  9:01     ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2015-09-16  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 08:50:49 +0100, Simon Wright wrote:

> Luke A. Guest <laguest@archeia.com> writes:
>
>> slos <new.stephane.los@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> By the way, someone asked (I think it was Bjorn) if "Ada for
>>> Automation" could be used on a Raspberry Pi. I can confirm since a
>>> friend has lent me his own Model B. But it is a no-brainer since
>>> Debian based. Also Gnoga was reported to work on it.
>>
>> I'm surprised this still comes up considering I wrote a getting
>> started with Ada on RPI in MagPI.
>
> You or I might expect that 'Ada for Automation', Gnoga would work on an
> RPi (though mine was still on wheezy, GCC 4.6); others might need
> convincing.

Why 4.6? Debian testing has 4.9 and if you switch to Fedora you could have
GNAT 5.x for Raspberry Pi.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: "Ada for Automation" Boutique
@ 2015-09-16  9:19       ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2015-09-16  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 08:50:49 +0100, Simon Wright wrote:
>
>> Luke A. Guest <laguest@archeia.com> writes:

>>> I'm surprised this still comes up considering I wrote a getting
>>> started with Ada on RPI in MagPI.
>>
>> You or I might expect that 'Ada for Automation', Gnoga would work on
>> an RPi (though mine was still on wheezy, GCC 4.6); others might need
>> convincing.
>
> Why 4.6? Debian testing has 4.9 and if you switch to Fedora you could
> have GNAT 5.x for Raspberry Pi.

Mine *was* on wheezy; not obvious enough how to upgrade just the Ada
component, and MCUs more interesting, so passed it on.

* Re: "Ada for Automation" Boutique
@ 2015-09-16 15:52         ` brbarkstrom
From: brbarkstrom @ 2015-09-16 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 5:19:41 AM UTC-4, Simon Wright wrote:

> >> You or I might expect that 'Ada for Automation', Gnoga would work on
> >> an RPi (though mine was still on wheezy, GCC 4.6); others might need
> >> convincing.
> >
> > Why 4.6? Debian testing has 4.9 and if you switch to Fedora you could
> > have GNAT 5.x for Raspberry Pi.
>
> Mine *was* on wheezy; not obvious enough how to upgrade just the Ada
> component, and MCUs more interesting, so passed it on.

I'll also mention that you can adapt the Intel Atom x86 chips to get
Ada on a Ubuntu Linux OS without any reduced instruction set.  I even
assembled a no fan Atom and installed both Ubuntu and GNAT GPL.
I need to reinstall the Ubuntu to include just the CLI, since the
video is slow.  On the other hand, this approach would make for an
interesing base to build a low power Beowulf cluster.

Bruce B.

* Re: "Ada for Automation" Boutique
@ 2015-09-29 19:46   ` slos
From: slos @ 2015-09-29 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le mardi 15 septembre 2015 15:35:46 UTC+2, Luke A. Guest a écrit :
> slos wrote:
>

> > By the way, someone asked (I think it was Bjorn) if "Ada for Automation"
> > could be used on a Raspberry Pi. I can confirm since a friend has lent me
> > his own Model B. But it is a no-brainer since Debian based. Also Gnoga
> > was reported to work on it.
>
> I'm surprised this still comes up considering I wrote a getting started
> with Ada on RPI in MagPI.
>
> Luke

By now, nobody can't ignore anymore those getting started you have written :
http://slo-ist.fr/ada4automation/a4a-ada-raspberry-pi-nethost
;-)

Did I miss something ? Other MagPi issues worth to mention ?

* Re: "Ada for Automation" Boutique
@ 2015-09-30 18:08     ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2015-09-30 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

slos <new.stephane.los@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le mardi 15 septembre 2015 15:35:46 UTC+2, Luke A. Guest a écrit :

> By now, nobody can't ignore anymore those getting started you have written :
> http://slo-ist.fr/ada4automation/a4a-ada-raspberry-pi-nethost
> ;-)
>
> Did I miss something ? Other MagPi issues worth to mention ?

I wrote the one article which was split into two. I was asked to do more
but I've not got around to it. I was considering building an emulator for a
series but again, time.

If I ever get a new job (man, I hope) I might just be able fit it in.

Luke