From: "Paul Byrley" <byrley@ntsc-rd.navy.mil>
Subject: Assy/Ada SLOC ratio;What's an  Ada SLOC?
Date: 9 Oct 92 16:30:00 EST	[thread overview]

Two questions:
First, what do you experts count for Ada SLOC?  I thought total
semicolons but now am hearing "semicolons EXCEPT for ...".  I
would appreciate opinions from lots of people who have Ada
experience.  I will send summary out to net when results are in.

Second, what ratio do you experts use when estimating the no.
of assembly lines of code to make an Ada SLOC (as you defiined
it in answering my first question).  I would hope to get data
on the "group" of assembly code which performed a certain
operation or function vs the SLOC for the Ada to perform the
same operation or function.  I don't think line for line assy to
Ada translation would help much.  Please try to tell me the domain
you work in and the number of lines of code (not just the ratio).

I can use the answer for the first question without the second, but
not the reverse.

Thank you very much

Paul Byrley
BYRLEY@NTSC-RD.NAVY.MIL