From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Thank you very much
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 00:51:54 GMT
Date: 2000-12-23T00:51:54+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3A434A03.3891B642@gmx.net>,
  Stefan Kombrink <katakombi@gmx.net> wrote:

> Of course I meant that in C it's easily possible with e.g. curses, but
> GNAT doesn't offer a library to do that.

curses is not part of the C standard (just a by-product of using it
*rimshot* :-O ).

There is a "curses" library that is available with some C
implementations. Some of those C compilers are delivered with bindings
to this library, while some are not. Ada bindings to curses are
available too. In a pinch, if your compiler (C or Ada) doesn't come with
bindings to an available library, there's nothing stopping you from
writing it yourself. This issue has nothing to do with Ada.

> Sending this ANSI sequences worked well for me so far, but how system
> independent is that solution?
> I remember that there was an ANSI driver for DOS as well, but nobody
> use it (you could demur that nobody's using DOS either!).

How system-independent do you want it? Not all systems even support
colored text displays.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com